Embibe's all New Practice platform provides a whole list of exciting features that make practicing more powerful, personalized, and fun.
It offers unlimited practice questions for free to assist you in your preparation for various exams. Detailed solutions and explanations are also provided.
In addition to that, the following new features of Embibe's practice platform will take you to your best score:
- Embibe Guide - your 'AI-powered' best friend - will guide you at every step and suggest what's best for you to improve your overall performance.
- Different types of questions - MCQs, NATs, Linked Comprehension, and more - will make you even more confident.
- A more detailed practice summary gives powerful insights into your behavioral and academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Effort Rating indicates how much effort you are putting into your preparation.
- Two types of Embiums (currencies on Embibe) - Silver and Gold - make your practice sessions even more interesting and fun.
Step-by-step guide to understand how to practice on Embibe
Follow the steps, as mentioned below, to practice on Embibe:
- Log in to Embibe. If you are a first-time user, you will see the screen as below. Click on 'Search Now' to go to the search page.
- When you log in to Embibe, you will be directed to the search page (as shown in the image below). It is recommended to log in with your registered account to make the best use of Embibe.
- Click on 'Start Practice' and you will land on the practice page. If you have logged in to your account, you will be directed to the practice page of your target goal (which you set at the time of registration). Let's say you have chosen Engineering as your target goal, then the practice page would suggest important engineering exams upfront.
Note that you can type in the exam name you want to prepare for and go to the practice page for that exam. You can also type in the particular chapter name that you want to practice and go to the practice page of that chapter.
- From the left side of the screen (as shown in the red box in the image above), you can select the subject that you want to practice. Once you select the subject, all the units in the syllabus for that subject will show up. Clicking on any unit will show all the chapters included under it.
- You can also choose to practice all the questions for a particular:
by simply clicking on the 'Practice' button next to 'All Questions in <Name of Exam/Subject/Unit/Chapter>'.
- Or you can also practice:
a. Challenging Questions,
b. Previous Year Questions,
c. Questions Rankers Got Wrong
for the particular exam/subject/unit/chapter by clicking on the 'Practice' button next to respective type of questions (shown in the image below).
- On the right side of the practice page (for any exam/subject/unit/chapter), you will see the 'Social Performance Analytics', which indicates how all students have performed, on an average, in that particular exam/subject/unit/chapter.
- Clicking on the 'Practice' button starts your practice session. The practice sessions consist of various types of questions - single choice, multiple choice, linked comprehension, etc.
- Below each question, you'll find two buttons - 'Skip' and 'Check'.
- The 'Check' button will be activated only after you answer that particular question. You can then see the type of attempt it was (perfect attempt, overtime attempt, etc.) and the number of Silver Embiums you earned (or lost) for that particular question. You will also be able to view the detailed explanation/solution for that particular question and the key concepts tested in it. Clicking on the concept name will take you to the Study page of the respective concepts. Clicking on the 'Continue' button will take you to the next question.
- If you select 'Skip', you will be directed to a new page with an option to 'Use a Hint & Re-attempt'. By clicking on 'Use a Hint & Re-attempt', you can see a hint for that question and re-attempt it. Otherwise, you can click on 'Next' to move on to the next question.
- If you think any question or their solution is incorrect or if you find any other issue in a question, you can click on the 'Report an Error' option as shown in the image below to report the problem.
- At any time while practicing, you can see how the concept in the current question is related to other concepts by clicking on this icon or Knowledge Graph.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see three sections:
a. Brief Session Summary: This will tell you the attempt type of all the questions attempted by you in that particular session.
b. Effort Rating: This indicates how much effort you are putting into your preparation - whether or not you are spending enough time on questions, going through the solutions, and revising key concepts.
c. Embibe Guide: The Intelligent Mentor will give you personalized step-by-step guidance and recommendations to improve your problem-solving abilities.
- You can end your session by clicking on 'Quit' on the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to the detailed 'Session Summary' page.
Here you will see:
a. How many Embiums you have earned (Every 1000 Embiums is equivalent to 1 Gold Embium)
b. How accurate were your attempts in the session
c. How many questions you skipped
d. How many Silver Embiums you earned
e. How many times you visited the Knowledge Tree
f. How many sets of questions you practiced (each set containing 10 questions)
g. How many Too Fast Correct, Perfect, Overtime Correct, Wasted, Incorrect, and Overtime Incorrect Attempts you made in the session,
h. How strong you have become for a particular exam through your practice session
i. What are your key behavioral trait like overconfident, nervous, etc.
j. What are the skills you acquired in this practice session
k. Based on your performance, which score improvement pack will help you improve
From here, you can either end your practice session by clicking on 'End Session' or continue practicing by clicking on 'Continue'.
With such detailed step-by-step guidance, personalization, and insights, you will find both behavioral and academic gaps in your problem-solving skills are taken care of. Thus, improving your speed, accuracy, and overall score in the exam.