Every year, lakhs of candidates appear for various competitive exams to get into their dream colleges or jobs. However, only a few of the aspirants succeed in achieving their goal; others have their dreams shattered. We do not want this to happen with you.
So, at Embibe, you can take mock tests for various competitive exams for free and prepare yourself to take the actual exam successfully.
How does Test work on Embibe?
Tests on Embibe are unique - they match with the difficulty level of the actual exams and give you subsequent steps for improvement.
Embibe has different types of test which have been crafted considering important factors like exam orientation, importance, weightage and so on. The most amazing thing about these tests is that they're 92% similar to the actual exams.
Embibe provides the following types of test:
- Full Tests
- Chapterwise Tests
- Live Tests
- Part Tests
- Mock Tests
- Previous Year Tests
- 11th Revision tests
While assessing your performance within a test, it focuses on critical skills like speed, stamina, concentration, time management, test taking strategy and a list of other behavioral factors that greatly affect your marks.
How to take a test on Embibe?
Follow the steps provided below to take a test on Embibe:
- Step 1: Log on to Embibe. If you are a first time user, you will see the following page:
This page scrolls horizontally.
- Step 2: Click on "Start Now" or "Search Now" to go to the Search page.
Step 3: Here you can either click on "Take a Test" or simply type in the name of the test that you want to take in the search field and hit enter.
For example, if you want to take a JEE Main full test or a Railway RRB Group D mock test, just type in "JEE Main Full Test" or "Railway RRB Group D Full Test" in the search field and hit Enter. All the full tests for that particular exam will appear on the screen.
You can then select the test that you want to take by clicking on "Start Test".
If you click on "Take a Test", you will see this screen:
From the top of the screen, you will be able to change the exam for which you want to take the test. Just type in the name of the exam and hit enter. All the tests for that particular exam will appear on the screen.
You can also filter the test type by clicking on "Test Type" and selecting the type of test you want to take, such as Full Test, Previous Year Test, Revision Test, etc. (shown in the image below).
You can even see the other exams under the same goal (engineering, medical) in the left side of the screen. Clicking on the name of the exam will show all the tests for that particular exam.
- Step 4: Click on "Start Test". You will see this screen:
- Step 5: Read the instructions carefully and check the box against the statement saying that you have read and understood the instructions.
- Step 6: Now, click on "Start Test". If you are not logged in your account, the system will prompt you to login. Just click on the "Login" button and enter your credentials to login. If you want to take the test as a guest, then simply click on "Continue". The test will start. Give your tests sincerely and use the analysis at the end of the test to rectify your mistakes.
Now that you have understood the steps to take a test, let's move on to understand the interface of the test section.
Understanding the test interface:
Here's how your test screen will look like::
Here you can do the following:
- Once you select an option, you can move ahead by clicking on "Next".
- You can change your answer simply by selecting a different option.
- If you are not sure about the selected option, you can click on "Clear Selection" to deselect your response.
- Irrespective of whether or not you have answered a question, you can mark it to review later by clicking on the "Marked for Review" option.
- Click on "Previous" to visit the previous question.
- You can click on the name of the subjects from the top of the screen to switch between subjects.
- From the right side of the screen, you can check the status of questions. Color code has been used for this purpose:
Green- Indicates the questions that you have attempted
Red- Indicates the questions you have not attempted
Blue- Indicates the questions that you have marked to review now
Blue with a Green Tick: Indicates the questions you have answered and marked for review.
White- Indicates the questions that are yet to be viewed
- At any point during the course of the exam, you can click on "Overall Instructions" from the top right corner of the screen to view the instructions for the test. After viewing the instructions, click on "Close" to go back to the test.
- Click on "Question Paper" (beside the "Overall Instructions" button) to view all the questions in the test.
Here, you will be able to choose between viewing the questions with or without the options. You can also filter the questions based on Attempt Types:
b. Not Answered
c. Not Visited
d. Review Now
e. Answered and Marked for Review
To go back to the test, click on "Back to Test".
Upon completion of the test, click on "Submit Test" from the top right corner of the screen to submit your test.
As you can see, taking online mock tests on Embibe is extremely simple. So, make the best use of the free online mock tests of Embibe and take your preparation to the next level.